Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More Barbie Madness

I thought that two Barbie blog posts were perhaps two too many, but oh no, they were not.

Mattel was a tad off-track when they created this Barbie Athena doll and clearly went off the rails when they introduced a French designer created Foosball table. One would think someone would have reeled them in. I imagined some bigwig at Mattel board meeting might say "Hey, Barbie division, times are tough. People won't pay thousands of dollars for dismembered dolls playing air hockey, so get back to basics and make some toys that won't give kids nightmares." But they did not. Apparently, the meeting went more like this: "Hey Barbie division, good job! Let's see more disturbing things that won't sell."

And so the Barbie division went out and found another mad scientist...er...French designer...to do their evil bidding.

Here's what Margaux Lang and Mattel thought we'd shell out $800 for. (That's just the bracelet price--hey, Barbie isn't as cheap as she looks.)

A Barbie bracelet. Perfect for the serial killer in your life.

With matching earrings.












At least this time they didn't forget about Ken.















Show someone you care, with a Barbie breast-ring. If they put a pink Susan Koman ribbon on it, I'll scream.











Photos courtesy of Margaux Lang. Barbie is a registered trademark of Mattel, Inc. and is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and elsewhere.

4 comments:

Tina Laurel Lee said...

I don't know, I just might wear one of those things. Although I didn't have the serial killer thought until you said so, and that is a vivid image. I do love you posts. They capture my imagination.

Michele Thornton said...

Ok to be honest, I kind of want the bracelet. The boob-ring I can pass on.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Yep, me too. Exactly.

Ron Smith said...

I want them all.